Wednesday, January 10, 2007

old thought






i know that everyone and his slow brother has probably already seen that genious flick, Mysterious Skin, but i just thought of it again today, and couldn't stop. as an adolescent and teen struggling with many issues, i used to take comfort (if you could call it that) in Gregg Araki's films such as The Living End and The Doom Generation. however, i'm quite certain that Mysterious Skin not only blows those movies away in nearly every aspect, but it manages to do the same to every other movie of 2005, period. when nary a mention was made of the genius that was that movie in neither the oscars or the independent film awards of that year, i think baby jesus must have cried.

if you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and rent it. just make sure you aren't alone and near a full bottle of downers or a noose at the time.

1 comment:

joe said...

Darn you Jacob Henry!

So, like, I found your blog today after you posted on BGN and I've wasted a good bit of the afternoon catching up on the hidden you. Curses to you! I coulda been working. But now, at least, I know your most secret thoughts.

Loved the haiku. And the Suessian poem was cool.

But there's just not enough me on your site.

... I skipped a bit of the politics because I can hear your rants any time I want when the old man & I are hanging with you & yours. Sorry!

Good luck in the marathon if we don't talk before ...